- This event has passed.
Awakening to the Spell of the Sensuous | Flathead Lake MT
June 9 - June 12$575.00
Montana Retreat – June 9-12
Awakening to the Spell of the Sensuous
A three day, four night experience that will last a lifetime.
Drop into the vital, sensuous nature of your body and discover its deep relationship with the subtle energies of the natural world and the cosmos. Learn a new intimacy with the “more than human world” and transform your idea of “relationship” to something more expansive than you ever imagined. This unique retreat, set in a forested cove along the shores of one of the largest glaciel water lakes in Northwest Montana near Glacier Park, weaves together a delicious connection with your body’s five senses and an awakening to extrasensory experiences of nature, long neglected and forgotten in our modern world.
Come learn and play with teachers David Abram, author of “The Spell of the Sensuous” and a philosopher of ecology who has lived among indigenous people and shamans worldwide, and Dr. Saida Desilets, creator of the Succulent Revolution and a seasoned guide and advocate for reclaiming our sensuous nature. Together they take you on a journey; weaving a spell that carries you into a vibrantly connected way of being and relating in our complex times. Through daily meditation, embodiment exercises, teaching time and unique outdoor experiential time, you will feel the magic and expansion of the deep, succulent experience of your five senses, your subtle being, and the vibrations and voices of the natural world that have always surrounded you but are rarely acknowledged. Gift yourself this rare gem of a retreat and return to share the treasure of its transformation with the world you inhabit.
Retreat begins with orientation lunch on Friday the 9th at 11:00 a.m. and ends Monday the 12th after breakfast at 11:00 a.m.
Note: Two ticket prices reflect with and without lodging. Due to space, only four lodging included tickets are available. See below for more details.
See photos of the Deep Bay Center retreat house at deepbaycenter.org / Earth Homes/ Fire House
- A special in-town Friday evening soiree and interview/discussion with David Abram and Dr. Saida Desilets.
- Delicious, succulent meals starting with orientation lunch on Friday the 9th and ending after breakfast on Monday the 12th.
- Opening and closing day gentle embodiment exercises and meditations with guest facilitator Lauren Walker, author of Energy Medicine Yoga.
- Saturday and Sunday morning meditations and embodiment exercises in the tradition of QiGong with Dr. Saida Desilets.
- Teachings and unique outdoor experiential exercises with David Abram and Dr. Saida Desilets all day Saturday and Sunday at the Deep Bay Center retreat house and grounds by beautiful Flathead Lake in Montana.
- Afternoon free time to relax, integrate, rest and journal.
- Evening teachings and discussions with our amazing, skilled “spell of the sensuous” guides, David Abram and Dr. Saida Desilets.
- A limit of 24 spots are available at this retreat.
- Guest must arrive by the evening of Thursday, June 8th to begin the retreat on Friday at 11:00 a.m. No retreat meals are provided on Thursday.
- The retreat will allow refunds until 45 days prior to the event (April 23). Tickets purchases or cancelled after this date will not receive a refund. However, 75% of the ticket price can be applied to a future event.
Not included in retreat costs:
- Lodging (unless you purchased one of 4 on-site retreat spots)
- Plane fare to Glacier Park International Airport, MT
- Car rental
- No retreat meals are provided on Thursday.
- Due to the size of the retreat house, there are only four spaces for on-site retreat lodging which will be sold on a first come basis. This is a shared upstairs loft with twin beds and a shared bath. All other retreat guests are recommended to purchase lodging from a block of discounted rate rooms for the retreat at the Best Western Plus Flathead Lake Inn and Suites (406) 857-2400, (see room booking link below). This is the closest hotel to the retreat center house, about a 10 minute drive. Plane fare and car rental are not included. Send a request to the email below for the event director to contact you regarding a cost-share car pool group of 4 to 5 retreat guests per rented car.
More information here! AWAKENING TO THE SPELL OF THE SENSUOUS
Lauren created Energy Medicine Yoga, which is her signature style and complements any kind of practice you do. Using simple to learn techniques based on ancient practices and wisdom, the student can increase the efficacy of their practice while actually diminishing the time practiced. Energy Medicine Yoga is a powerful practice for decreasing anxiety and stress, increasing energy, core strength, and well-being. It can also be pivotal in healing longstanding physical and emotional issues. It is easy to learn, fun, intuitive and empowering.Learn more about Lauren